Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Codex Necrons, for Dawn of war looking for moders

Nocturne
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Nocturne polycounter lvl 18
Hey all,

Quick introduction, my name's Andy and I’m the team leader for Codex Necrons, a mod for Relic's Warhammer 40k based RTS game "Dawn of War". We're currently working to introduce the Necrons (think undead in space) into the game and are looking for a few talented individuals to join our team. We're currently looking for:

Texture artists
To create textures for ingame units, buildings, FX and possibly animated textures. Access and understanding of a good image editing package and experience with alpha channels is a must. Understanding of unwrapping UV maps, is also an added bonus, but not a strict requirement.

Animators
To create the variety of animations needed for the various units and buildings. Must have access to, and be proficient with 3D Studio max 5 or higher. Knowledge of bone animation, and the rigging of models is also required.

To wet your appetite, and get a feeling for what we're trying to accomplish, you can check out the currently modelled units, some of which are skinned. They can be found at:

http://home.studenten.net/~dftrrrrrrrrrrrr/screenshots.htm

Too lazy to click? Below you'll find a picture of the staple Necron warrior that we’ll be using in game, the mainstay of the Necron army.

nw_promo_03.png

So if you fancy helping us out with either of the jobs listed above, drop me an e-mail at acalvert151@ntlworld.com (with a sample of your work if possible), or PM me here. Owning the game isn’t a requirement, although it has some advantages.

We look forward to hearing from you

Andy (Nocturne)

Replies

• sundance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sundance polycounter lvl 18
    undead in space is a bit of an inaccurate description of the necrons considering they're indestructible mechanoids, and not even flesh and blood...

nice model tho...
  • Nocturne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nocturne polycounter lvl 18
    Agreed, for the most part. They do share a lot of traits with fantasy undead mind (hate of the living, mindless, soulless etc). The generalisation was more in place for people who don't know much about Dawn of war, or Warhammer 40k in general.

But thanks.