Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Beretta model

Badname
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Badname polycounter lvl 18
Hi i am working on this beretta model doing the optimizing now.
b1.jpg
But does anyone know what this gap should be like? How deep ect ? :O
b2.jpg
C&C welcome

[edit]
I'm also makign these trees for free for darkbasic coders, but i am having some problems about how to position the planes :| I always get it messy and ugly, any tips on this?
heres my tree (from a good angel lol)
tree.jpg

Replies

• Thermidor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thermidor polycounter lvl 18
    looking realy good,is it a 92f? proportionaly its looking nice ....wots the polycount meant to be coz i think its missing some important details , like the clip release button , and the cart ejection claw , as well as some small details...
  • Badname
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Umm that i know of th eonly button that is missing is the one with the open place on the grip for it :O http://www.apollostudio.nl/badname/pics/beretta.jpg see it with quick phototexture on it Only see that one button missing ?
    Could you show wich ones are missing? and yes i used the M92f as ref for it :O
    The poly count is unoptimized @ 1500 +- My aim was 1500 +- so thats ok, those buttons who miss i think about adding them smile.gif
    I'm also still thinking about if i will foto-texture it or paint-texture it ;O
  • Thermidor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks REALLY cool with the texture ... the ejection thing is on the top right hand side of the slide , although i cant find any reference photos anywhere...
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the clip release button is right where you have the space for it in the grip, dont know why you didnt add it if you modeled the space for it o_O as for the "cart ejection claw" its on the other side and not something you really need to model in as its inset in the model and can just be textured on.
    You should also add the little notches in the slide where it connects to the base of the gun(like the USP in hl2 has) Beretta%201934.jpg
    dosent seem to be the same model tho as the clip release is different but you can see what i mean about the notches in the slide.
  • Badname
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thnx for the replys
    clip release, umm is this part number 2? or is it this what you can see on this render near the hand grip that thingy :O http://www.apollostudio.nl/badname/pics/wire.jpg here on the left bottom
    Is that "hole" ,shown on pic #2 of the first post, right?
    Damn wished i had the gun... smile.gif
    btw do you mean with the notches the vertical gaps in the slide? or that little gap under that button on the slide? :O
  • Steakhouse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steakhouse polycounter lvl 18
    Ok, heres a link to a decent image of a Berreta 92f.
    http://securityarms.com/20010315/galleryfiles/1800/1892.htm

If you look at where the trigger guard meets the grip you can see an indent and a circular button inhabiting the space. This is the clip release. You press that and the mag will slide out making you look cool like Chow Yun Fat. You are then primed to slap in another clip with a satisfying metal on metal sound.

Of course things get even better if you've already emptied a clip. You see, when a pistol empties all it's rounds the slide will lock into it's clip ejecting state. This often means that more of the barrel will be visible at the front as well as having the ejection port open. The "better" part I mentioned is when you press your thumb down on the slide release which you can also see in the above linked picture. It's the small oddly shaped rectangular object that's just above the grip and just below the slide grooves toward the back. When you press that guy the slide pops back into place and you'll hear a satisfying "Cha-Chick!" that you always see in movies and TV when someone loads a magazine. This is actually a completely separate action and the two do not happen simultaneously! You actually have to load the clip and then consciously press down on the slide release to snap it back into place. The movement of the slide is what pulls a fresh round up out of the clip and into the barrel, readying you for the next shot. Cool huh?

Hope those details helped a little.
  • Thermidor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    talking of which , that indent isnt there either ...

also there is a button you may not know about that is oposite of the little catch just above the triger guard... its what you have to press to alow you to turn the lever for field striping...
  • cspgames
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cspgames polycounter lvl 18
    Very nice model. Tho 1500 Tris is a bit high for the stuff I am doing (low end machine fps). Is the slide a seperate mesh, so it could be animated?
  • cspgames
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cspgames polycounter lvl 18
    BTW.
    [ QUOTE ]
    "... you'll hear a satisfying "Cha-Chick!" that you always see in movies and TV when someone loads a magazine."

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you ever notice that you can hear this sound whenever somebody is pulling a gun, even if it doesn't have anything to do with loading? I guess they call it "dramatizing". Realism would be way to unspectacular.