Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Been rather unproductive lately...

KDR_11k
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
persp.jpg
orthoT.gif

Modeled that some time ago, didn't really get to doing anything in the last few weeks. That new job (no, not a dream job, not even close but I don't want to have "unemployed for 6 months waiting for the next semester" in my CV plus the money is better than my last job (320 being a soldier 24/7 vs. 800 being a worker 38.5h/w) although every muscle in both of my arms hurts now) is really eating time!

3152 Tris. All tris or quads, no matter what the wireframe says. Blender has a tendency to not render about 5% of the edges.

The concept isn't very creative, I know. Just some stress relieving. No story behind the character or anything, not even a name. It's supposed to be realistic but I still need to finally work through "Drawing on the right side of the brain" (I accidentally got the workbook which is perfect for procrastination :/) to be able to pic up minor details and subtle shading. I still have that coder brain (which is apparently the reason I can use edge extrusion and Blender...).

Man, I'm so tired I already get a deja-vu from viewing the preview...

Replies

• Thermidor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thermidor polycounter lvl 18
    nice to see you posting somthing i like the face ... really nice ...
  • Herr-Maestro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Herr-Maestro polycounter lvl 18
    It's very nice, rather a lil diffrent from your usual stylings. I like the head and the way youdid the hair style as well. You going to add this to your demo reel and have you already rigged her yet?
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    I thought you wanted to do something different, than anime/realistic styled females tongue.gif (I get the feeling that I say that in every WIP post from you laugh.gif )

Anyways proportions and profile of the body are quite good, but the head is:
    1. a bit too big
    2. looking really good from the front, but quite strange fron the 3/4 and side view. It is definitly too flat, but that is not the only thing strange; but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Edit: and the ear is waaay to big btw.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, I wanted to do something different and I did something different in between, it's just that I don't think it's worth showing (because either too far from finished or I'm not sure the people I did them for would like me to do that). Hm, should really finish that legionaire...

Maestro: Demo Reel? Haha, hahaha, AHAHAHAHAAAA! As if I had any chance gettign a job at my current skill level! No, not rigged yet.