Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Painting: Female in front of stained glass window

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
NuclearTes polycounter lvl 18
Hiya, I've tried something new today; I've made a painting with acrylic paint. It's a female in front of a stained glass window. I hope you like it. I really need to practice though. The hand is really wacked. The last time I've made a painting was more then four years ago during the art lessons at High School. poly122.gif

Feel free to post any comments about it. grin.gif

nt-acrylic-painting-01.jpg

Replies

• Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    Nose could be 'attached' more smoothly (right now it looks like its clued on). I love the hair and flower.
    And the hand is ok but the arm is seriously twisted, looks like it has elastic bone from shoulder to elbow (never mind actually it could be the lenght of the arm and the cloth that make it appear curved).
  • NuclearTes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NuclearTes polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks for the comments Toomas. You're right about the nose. I allways found that painting skin (especially the face) is very difficult. About the arm: yeah, it looks twisted. The arm isn't curved, but I really messed up the composition. The elbow is cropped from the image and the clothes aren't helping indeed. I will try to do these things better in my next painting.

BTW: Thanks you like the hair and flower. I love long hair and flowers. (I don't like hairy legs and arm pits, though. wink.gif )
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    It's a good start. Obviously you have difficulty with the hand and face. They seem to deviate from proper anatomy. Her hands looks as if it has no structure within it. Try using reference next time. Think to yourself, the human body has about 206 bones. The hand includes the carpals, metacarpals, and the phalanges. In the face, the zygomatic, and the jaw, etc.. These bones are held by muscles, that form the shapes of our body. The light bouncing off these shapes form an image of the human form. With the lighting, try to set her apart from the background.

Good stuff. I like the hair and the flowers too.