Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Modeling: SuperSculpty Monster

StephenVyas
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
StephenVyas polycounter lvl 18
Hello,
Decided to make a toy for my desk at work. Here's a few clips showing the progression.
Phase1
Phase2
Phase3

Replies

• Silva_Spoon
    Offline / Send Message
    Silva_Spoon polycounter lvl 18
    Definatley cool man. I like the back and shoulders. He looks like a buff santa clause after christmas :P
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    Good stuff man! Do you have any concept artwork to show what you plan to do, or are you just coming up with ideas as you go?
    Right now it just looks more like a naked burly-buff man than a monster.
    I've done a little SuperSculpy stuff myself. Great fun, but makes my hands feel all funky for a long while after. I need to get some lava soap or something...
  • Steve Schulze
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Papa Smurfs been working out.

Nice work man. I might have to have a play with some of this su[er sculpty stuff myself some time.
  • StephenVyas
    Offline / Send Message
    Silva_Spoon, Santa clause you say? Heh, if he was eating over at my place for the holidays, he definately wouldn't look like that wink.gif

ScoobyDoofus, ahh yeah concept work ... I'll have to get back to you on that. Even if I do find them, I don't think I'd be brave enough to show. We'll see. Well, your right he doesn't look like a monster, but with time I'll see what I can do about that.

Jackablade, Papa Smurf!? haha.. Thx. Give it a go, sculpty lasts for a long time even out in the open and remains soft. And when your done, bake it. There's nothin to it.
  • Mishra
    Offline / Send Message
    Mishra polycounter lvl 18
    I like the body, but the face i really do not like at all. It doesnt seem to fit in with the rest of the sculpture.
  • poopinmymouth
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    Awesome work man, I want you to paint this thing when you are done.
  • StephenVyas
    Offline / Send Message
    Mishra, the face at this point was not really done yet. In phase3 I believe I had just flushed out the mass of it, as it's not blended. Though I can assure you he looks different now.

Poopinmymouth, I've been keeping my eye out for a cheap airbrush, so we'll see. That'll be much later down the road though. I still have some crazy stuff planned for him yet.
  • thinsoldier
    Offline / Send Message
    thinsoldier polycounter lvl 18
    that is the coolest thing I've seen all day. Nice stuff.
  • jeremy price
    Offline / Send Message
    jeremy price polycounter lvl 18
    Wow great work... and big!:)
    ive been trying out some sculpey myself, its a lot smaller than this though... i'll post some vids on here soon.
    The paint/don't paint decision is a tough one, it changes the qualities of the finished object a lot.
  • Gmanx
    Offline / Send Message
    Gmanx polycounter lvl 19
    Wow... is that thing solid? 'Cuz if it is, you'll have a hard time drying it out - unless you don't plan to. I know Sculpey's not supposed to shrink, but I've known it to flake as the top layers dry. Awesome stuff though. Shame about the lighting. It's too late for this, but next time try using a wooden base, with a florists wire armature - it will help keep the figure 'rooted' and stop it falling over and mashing any detail you put into it..