Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Low poly work

IceWolve
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
IceWolve polycounter lvl 18
Well, i realy like the low poly stuff at times, its just plain cool, like the low poly elf etc.. Anyways, im trying to do a low poly Advent Cloud Strife. Here whe where i am at so far. C&C pleash.

edit: image tags dont seem to want to display my image.. copy/paste link
http://www.freewebs.com/icewolve/adventcloudortho.jpg

Replies

• Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Thats certainly very low poly. How many have you got in him? You could probably afford to use a few more more here and there, particularly on the face which could use a suggestion of nose and brow ridge at least.

Head looks way too small at this stage too. you sould probably round it out at the sides a bit too - you've got the polys there to do it.
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    Thats good - good distribuition.

A few crits - you could ditch some from the feet and put them onto the head.

On San Andreas I used the twisting technique a lot - Spin the cross section of a limb by 45 degrees every now and again. I think that would work well on the calves. Just take the part where the trouser ends, spin by 45 degrees and turna few edgse, an you wil have a less boxy lower leg.
  • IceWolve
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IceWolve polycounter lvl 18
    *Took some polies from the feet, added some to round out the head.
    *Made the brow ridge and nose.
    *Added the shoulder piece. I wont model the belt holding it, ill do that in the skin. Im not sure how i want to go about the hair just yet.

The buster sword is 46 tris, and Cloud Strife himself with the things is 674 tris. use the same link to view. Oh, and i havnt removed the un seen tris that are there, and where is the option to turn on forced 2 sided polies for like plains...