Home General Discussion

Finally getting a GBA SP

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
Seyiji polycounter lvl 19
Reccommend some games both current and future releases in these Genres....

Adventure
Fighting
RPG

I'm already thinking about...
Gundam Seed Battle Assault
Metroid Fusion & Zero Mission
Super Mario Advance 4

I'm the definition of ADD here so games that I can get a good session out of while waiting in the car for 20 minutes to 1.5 Hours will do.

Replies

• Mishra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mishra polycounter lvl 18
    why don't you just wait for the ds?
  • KMan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KMan polycounter lvl 18
    Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
    Any of the SNES remakes like Donkey Kong Country, Mario Kart, etc.
    Final Fantasy Tactics
    Harvest Moon
    Golden Sun
    The new Star Wars Trilogy - Apprentice of the Force is pretty fun. Uses the same gba engine that was used for the gba prince of persia.
    Also Prince of Persia.
  • frosty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    frosty polycounter lvl 18
    Favs Tony HawksII, Mario Kart, Castlevania HOD.

I just purchased Street fighter Alpha off ebay for 15 and it appears like I will get NFL Blitz & Karnaaj Rally too! Woot! Let us hear it for the ADD people! smile.gif
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Take Golden Sun only if you don't care about a game ending when it's supposed to get intersting (Halo 2-style). I'd recommend Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, which is vastly superior.
    Also, Mario vs. Donkey Kong. Hey, it's the sequel to my favourite GB game and it's supposed to be just as good!
    Oh, and the obligatory Wario Ware!
    Ninja Five-O is a little known but awesome game.
    I've heard so many god things about The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap that I'm going to recommend it as well though it's not out in the states yet.
  • frosty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Please, excuse the Hi-jack here, but have any of you guys used gba roms? I just discovered the use of a flash card and usb cable and how easy it is to load several free gba games onto one temp. flash card for gameplay. And they run somewhere from 59.00 (256) to 94.00 (512) us dollars.
    Of course that is assuming any of the free ware is worth dl and burning over to a flash card.

Is Street Fighter II turbo: Revival Edition worth the buy too, sounds pretty rare, it is on Ebay now? ooo.gif
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    Free games? Or ones you "got" for free?
  • bearkub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bearkub polycounter lvl 18
    River City Ransom GBA edition! Respect to the old school!
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    I'm loving Final Fantasy Tactics, and of course Super Mario Brothers 2: Super Mario World - the GBA version of possibly the best game ever made.
  • frosty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Free games? Or ones you "got" for free?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the site http://www.pdroms.de/index.php has a bunch, 738 GBA games for dl and use an emulator, but of course I was under the impression I could use a flash card & play them via GBA, unless they are "pirated", which I do not personally wish to support.

Also, I think Walmart has that Mario series Rick, gonna check it out. Final Fantasy Tactics is pretty much an rpg right?
  • lkraan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lkraan polycounter lvl 18
    Final Fantasy Tactics is a great RPG which will keep you busy for hours. Supposed to be excellent with more people.
    Star Wars Trilogy - Apprentice of the Force is a cool game but too short.

I just got Neeed for Speed Underground 2 and it's such a cool racing game. It's got the same race modes as the XBox version (drag racing, curcuit, drift etc.) and the way they pulled off 3d on the GBA is amazing...

http://gba.n64europe.com/viewimage.php?filename=nfsu2/Industrial.jpg
    http://gba.n64europe.com/viewimage.php?filename=nfsu2/CircuitRace1.jpg
  • Seyiji
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Seyiji polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    why don't you just wait for the ds?

[/ QUOTE ] Wait it plays GBA games doesn't it?

Well somanabitch why don't I just get the DS :/

I forgot about the backwards compatibility!
  • KMan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KMan polycounter lvl 18
    frosty- I got myself a gba cart a while back, and am loving it. Instead of taking my gba sp with me on a car ride, or plane ride along with 4-5 games, I can put them all onto one cart, as well as smaller homebrew games. All good fun.
  • frosty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yo KMan, Mario Cart was rocking, I love the rounded courses and the animations are crazy.

I am also hoping to get a bid on Asteroids a GBA Color game from 1999, plus has the original Asteroids built in the game. I loved retro Asteroids, I once spent nearly 50.00 U.S. bucks on an all night Asteroids arcade playing binge!

Heads over to ebay to check the bidding......