Home General Discussion

Too much time on the PC results in.....

seantree
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
seantree polycounter lvl 18
Okay, so today I'm driving my girlfriends car which doesn't happen very often. So, as i'm driving along I am trying to figure out the CD player. I actually hold my finger over a button waiting for the little tool tips to show up as if I was hovering over it with a mouse on my PC. After realizing what I had just done, I broke out in laughter and smacked myself a few times, HARD, in the face. Anyone else do anything of the sort?

Replies

• Needles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Needles polycounter lvl 19
    Anytime i make a mistake i think about hitting Undo. -.- i cant seem to ever find it

<heheh i just reread my post and saw a mistake i made> ahem <undos> ^^
  • Malekyth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Malekyth polycounter lvl 18
    I reach for Undo in real life now and then too ...

Weirdest non-Undo thing that happened to me recently was that I left some files I needed for work at home, and immediately thought, "ah, fuck it, I'll just hearthstone back." Whoa. The weird part is, my hearthstone doesn't go back to my house, but to Orgrimmar, and I don't even have a computer there.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    lol Malekyth smile.gif

I've seen a friend of mine try to right-click on a touch-screen LCD panel by using his middle finger instead of the index finger... needless to say it didn't work, and it took him a few seconds to realise why smile.gif
  • Hollowmind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hollowmind polycounter lvl 18
    Hehe, yeah I can't do any drawings in my sketchpad without thinking of hitting Ctrl+Z for undo whenever I have a little slip up or something.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    Occasionally while I'm viewing images of character models on the forum, I press Alt+LMB trying to orbit around them. Takes me a sec to realize I'm not looking at a viewport.
  • Mishra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mishra polycounter lvl 18
    whenever i say something to a girl that either gets me slapped i reach for ctrl-z. along the lines of "i'll let you put a trojan on my hard drive any day" or something to that effect.
  • Illusions
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Illusions polycounter lvl 18
    I've gotten up from Pen and Paper sketches quite often...stopped and thought:

"Shit, I should go back and save just in case." Of course, I realize I don't have too...but the sad part is it isn't because I've realized that its paper and pen and not electronic, but instead that paper and pen are "autosave"...

frown.gif
  • seantree
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    good one Mal. Just watch that horrid 60 minute cooldown :/
  • Moz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moz polycounter lvl 18
    I try to copy and paste things that are written on paper onto blank paper.
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    Yes I too am plauged with the Ctrl+Z while drawing, altough the one time I was drawing at my computer and I messed up and was hitting ctrl Z on my keybaord for about a minute until I realised I really should take a break and lay down a bit.
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    holy crap, comp has been busted for a while, finally got the chance to get back on... and i find the perfect thread for me

halovan1.jpg

and I say pwned and mcnooblets and all kinds of awesome crap everywhere i go

in fact, its caught on at my school to say "he got owned", thanks to me lol

**edit** what the crap i gotta type out image now?
    D:
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Am I the only one who doesn't try to CTRL-Z?
  • Jes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jes polycounter lvl 18
    I say lol 'irl'... and rofl 'irl'... and wtf 'irl'...

Ahh screw it - I use ALL the usual forum abbrev's 'irl'! >_o;
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    i tried moving the mouse once with a pen and steno pad... was writing notes, and wanted to check something out, so i looked up waved my arm and to my amazement, the cursor did not move. Startled, i stood up, checked USB connections, checked to see the light was on on the tablet (which was under the steno pad), wiggled the wires, smacked the monitor a few times, until i realized i was holding a pen, not the stylus.

ack.

i used to catch myself everyonce in a while in life drawing 'ctrl-z-ing,' in which id look around to make sure no one was watching, or do it 2 or 3 more times to make it look like i meant to do that and it was some nervous twitch.

ah fun.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    haha, moose, those actually made me laugh out loud!
    sonic: wtf, he has an internet connection in his car? o_O
  • sinistergfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sinistergfx polycounter lvl 18
    MoP: looks more like he's FTPing to his xbox.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    I Did Not Know That! I know fuck all about consoles smile.gif
  • seantree
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    damn, 2 xboxes? let me guess, one is modded and the other is not? nice in car setup. Now all ya need are some 22's and some bling around your neck smile.gif
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    Sometimes my internet disconnects from service for a while. I attempt to pass the time by visiting forums and checking my email.
  • frosty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    frosty polycounter lvl 18
    Funny one Ely, these were great posts. I recall trying to hit ctrl z once after burning pizza in the microwave, sheeze. Then once when I was all in trouble with the wife, a thought like, undo button where are you?

What really gets me is when driving I use my middle finger left hand to feel for the little horizontal nipple on my keyborad I am used to.