Home General Discussion

finished halo 2 *SPOILERS!!*

Mojo2k
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Mojo2k polycounter lvl 18
well the game was real fun, and i found it a bit short. but what bothered me the most is the end, just seemed un fufilling. the end was pretty weak, you kill a verry simple boss monster, and then find out all the halos go on standby mode for remote activation, (you don't even do this withthe chief, he's cruising around on a spaceship someehere) then chief pops up and says "i'm going to finish this fight!) and it goes off, i seriously thought i was at the half way point and was going to stop the halos but NO!! just end credits. i wanted more frown.gif

but still.. verry fun couple days gaming

Replies

• Dark Bob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dark Bob polycounter lvl 18
    I just finished it also. When Chief said he was going to finish it I was ready to grab a coke and spend my day off blowing aliens away. But no...it seems they forgot to finish, or they really want to make Halo 3. I did enjoy the game but it shortness is just sad.
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    The first was also very short. Nothing wrong with short games though, unless they leave you feeling unfulfilled.
  • Mojo2k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rick i think that was the issue, i felt unfuffiled.. i don't mind a cliffhanger ending like that but i would like a bit of a build up towards it, hell you don't even beat it withthe chief! and you could hardly call Tarturus a ral boss i just walked aaround a baracade and shot him in the head with the carbine for a few minutes, he never even killed me. it seriously felt like they just stopped at a point like after a minor boss battle and put in the credits.

well i'm going to go purrchhase an xbox live kit today to get my online groove on
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seems to me like they just focused on multiplayer. In which case, they should go the way of Unreal and make Halo and Halo Tournament.

Very dissapointed by the ending too. Especially with the amount of time / budget they had to make this game.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    Did not finish it. I'm not sure how far along I was in the game, but it became very boring. I stopped for a snack, and have no urge to start back. I'd rather be playing Prince of Persia. So from my perspective, Halo2 doesn't live up to the hype. I was cringing during the opening scenes. The characters look aweful. Bungies connection with Microsoft is shown with this product. Halo2's strength may only be MP, and XboxLive. Even though it is a dumbed down FPS for the average gamer, I'm upset to see it sell so well.
  • Mojo2k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    funny i got bored with sands of time in like 20 minutes, but played pretty much straight thru halo 2
  • ndcv
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ndcv polycounter lvl 18
    This is sounding like Heavy Metal FAKK2 - don't know who else played that one, it had beautiful levels, great animation and pretty decent gameplay, but it ended right after what seemed like the halfway point; what a disappointment.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    OMG! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVEEEEEDDDD FAKK2. Was one of my favorite games. As you say, way too short, and a "to be continued" ending that pissed me off.

As far as Halo 2 being short.. well I think the gamers are going to wise up soon if this trend continues.
  • The3DGuy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The3DGuy polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I just finished it also. When Chief said he was going to finish it I was ready to grab a coke and spend my day off blowing aliens away. But no...it seems they forgot to finish, or they really want to make Halo 3. I did enjoy the game but it shortness is just sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am super unsatisfied with the ending. I was also expecting to save earth for the last time... but no. Maybe there is something weird like you ahve to beat it on Legendary in under 10 hours to unlock the final level or something.

I hope after you beat it you watched Cortona talk to that giant Flood tentacle monster...
  • Mishra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mishra polycounter lvl 18
    apparently there is an unlockable level, which is probably the last. in the documentary, they talked about the final encounter being back on earth, so that's probably it.
  • Dark Bob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dark Bob polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah I waited for the credits to end hoping they put the rest of the game after them. I think the credits were better than the end cinima. But on the bright side I played some Perfect Dark today, now that was an awesome console FPS.
  • Mojo2k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oh i was also disapointed byt the fact that only 30% of the game was actualy on halo, and most of that was under ground. frown.gif
  • The3DGuy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The3DGuy polycounter lvl 18
    there is an unlockable multiplayer level, i am having trouble unlocking it though.
  • Mojo2k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    how you do it fool?
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    well... until it's revealed as to what the hell is going on with the 'ending', i'll be happy to have an awesome MP game for Live... and hey.. i've started up a Polycount clan for H2.. so if you haven't already gotten an invite, msg me on there (and if i'm not on your friends list... Flaagan).
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    just got it yesterday, played it for about eight hours through co-op with a friend. Perhaps the ending is like the original... a second better ending for those that finish it on Legendary.

just noticed that the Collector's Edition comes with a two-month Live! coupon, so i'll be heading on there soon.
  • Major Clod
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Major Clod polycounter lvl 18
    I too was also bummed with the Halo 2 ending... I finally got around to playing it the other day and I finished it this afternoon. I was really looking forward to kicking some arse on earth as the master chief, but the credits just appeared instead. I don't mind cliffhangers, but they could have at least made some sort of effort to have some sort of closure to something at the end.

Maybe something like The Two Towers... part of the overall war, but it has its own storyline involving Saruman and the people of Rohan. Sure you defeated the end brute, but I only really took notice of him right towards the end of the game. And whats up with finishing the game as The Arbiter instead of the Master Chief, thats just not cool.

Still, I had a great time playing it, lots of fun.
  • Soul_Reaper
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Soul_Reaper polycounter lvl 18
    I for one liked the ending.
    It's always better to end things while it still sweet than carry on past the point where it's interesting
    smile.gif

Poor Cortana
    frown.gif
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    There is no special ending for finishing on Legendary, all you see is "Coming February 9th". Which many people speculate is when the rest of the game is released, either on Live or as an expansion pack.
  • Mojo2k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    "For the record: word from Bungie is that the 'Coming February 9th' rumor is exactly that - a rumor. A baseless, false, totally untrue rumor. I won't pass along the exact wording... but it was pretty clear in its meaning. Someone's pulling your leg. And by 'your', I mean the internet - even Slashdot was promoting this puppy."

Doc Rob alerted me to this this as it was posted on bungies site
  • frosty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    frosty polycounter lvl 18
    What is it they say, it is not the length of the game, it is the magic that is in it.
  • Mojo2k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thats the problem, the magic was missing from the end, i'm not complaining about the length.. just about the fact that the game.. just stopped..