Home General Discussion

Kingdom Under Fire

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
I know this game will probably slink into oblivion being over shadowed by Halo 2 and Halflife 2, but it deserves a look. I am having a blast playing it. Its like Dynasty warriors mixed with a real time strategy game. A combo I know I have never played before. Its a ton of fun, and the artwork is really nice in it. On the textures they went a little over contrasty in places and the two main characters eyes are so dark they are almost black, but overall it looks really nice. You control the main character, with a few combos and moves, and you can call on your generals to do special helper attacks. You toggle through your other troops, and can give them orders. And it has a mini map in the upper right for giving orders from the rts perspective, but you can give them from the normal camera as well. Overall I give it a good score, its only my second Xbox game, but I love it. Also you can go head to head on xbox live 1 on 1

Replies

• spacemonkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spacemonkey polycounter lvl 18
    yeah I bought that game at the same time I got san andreas. Its a really good game, lots of depth to the strategy side - ie such as dont have your archers facing the sun (or they wont be able to see clearly) aswell as the unti building/equipment buying part.
    I think the 3rd person combat is surprisingly fun compared to Dynasty warriors/Drakengard. I've been wanting a game like this for a long time, my on;ly hope is that if they make a sequal it will have more free roaming/random occurances.
    I do agree about the over use of black, it doesnt look awful but they should have considered how close you are able to zoom in.
    Have you tried the hard characters yet Poop? I am playing as the paladin character now (whose missions are tough but beatable), but I did try Regniers missions and they are damn hard.

Website for those who havent seen it;
    http://www.kuftc.com/kuf_tc_heroes_d.asp
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    I was planning on getting it for my brother for his birthday, it seemed to have a really likeable battle engine, and the screen shots looked fairly nice aswell. It may a game that I get when it's about $20 or so. I'm sure I'll eventually buy it.
  • FatAssasin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FatAssasin polycounter lvl 18
    I played the demo for this and I agree, it's pretty cool. I know it's a good game when I go back and play the demo more than once. It kind of came out of nowhere because I'd never heard of it before, but it's been getting good reviews and sounds like it might be somewhat of a sleeper hit.