EDIT: oh yes, kickass!

Replies

• MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Woahaheaoahaoaeh!

AWESOME.

Blizzard really need to make a Warcraft CG animated feature film soon smile.gif
  • pogonip
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pogonip polycounter lvl 18
    Good stuff ! They are starting to catch up to Squaresofts cinemetics !
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Neh, they are already way ahead wink.gif
  • That Darn Satan!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That Darn Satan! polycounter lvl 18
    Something that bugs me about the new cinematic is the length of the night elf's run through the forest. What it culminates in is rewarding, but you could tighten the run sequence leading to her transformation by 50% and get a lot more punch out of it. She's running, she jumped, that was cool!, oh she's running again, hey she jumped again, I get the idea, please stop running, OK, neat -- doesn't have as solid a punch as it might easily have had with some restraint.

Blizzard's cine department's greatest (only?) weakness seems to be with managing anticipation, I think. As often as they hit it right on the mark, they do a tiresome run cycle like the previous example, or, as in the Warcraft 3 cinematics, cut to black at inappropriate times, only to bring us back in wondering why the cut to black didn't mark the end of the cine, then cut again, then come back to continue wondering whether we should be feeling tension or release. I don't have any training in the craft of filmmaking, just an amateur speculating on why the cines don't always sit well with me, but can't help but think the team lacks a qualified cinematic director, someone who understands film and can reign in the team's delight in their own mastery of setting up beautiful scenes, and make sure we're lead gracefully through the story.

But still, fuckin' rockin'. The bit where we pull back from the hunter to see Ironforge made me all gleeful. wink.gif
  • SjetvsKerrigan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SjetvsKerrigan polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Watch titanic conflicts erupt once again as the races of Azeroth clash across epic, fantasy landscapes.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I was expecting to see parties battling each other, not just 1v1 battles.
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    Hmmm, technically brilliant, but boring to watch frown.gif
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    Very well done! Could inspire me to actually get the game. But I'm giving Everquest 2 a go on Monday first. Though agree with Satan, the Night Elf Running is sorta drawn out.