polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
JBoskma polycounter lvl 18

Replies

• seantree
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seantree polycounter lvl 18
    I wasn't too thrilled with what I saw on the front of the incredibles. I'll hold off on passing judgement until I see more though.
  • Bradfordart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bradfordart polycounter lvl 18
    I think it could possibly be old just seeing cars with faces running around. I mean Nemo was all about the sea but you had all these different creatures. But, wait to see more until I make anymore judgements. Love the facial expression on the truck.
  • Mojo2k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mojo2k polycounter lvl 18
    looked to me like it would be a 2 hour long chevron comercial, except the chevron cars looked more likeable. but its early to tell for sure. maybe they will suprise us.. i was more impressed withthe comercial for madagascar. PENGUINS ROCK
  • seantree
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seantree polycounter lvl 18
    Now madagascar looks great. And I agree, those penguins rock!!!
  • FatAssasin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FatAssasin polycounter lvl 18
    Hmmm, the trailer doesn't really do much for me, but then again I wasn't all that thrilled with the "Finding Nemo" trailer either. I thought, "How can you get emotionally involved in a story about fish?". And look how that turned out. So I'll reserve judgement for now.
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    Hmmm, The Brave Little Toaster sorta comes to mind.
    Looks okay. I suppose it could be good. Can't tell yet.
    Though I still need to see the Incredibles.
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    The way they did the faces looks exactly like an old Disney cartoon about the life of a car. I forget the entire storyline of the cartoon, but I remember the car was bought by a young married couple and he was happy... then he eventually started getting older (was having trouble starting, engine sputtering, etc.), and got more depressed, until they got rid of him and he ended up in a scrap yard. He was in the depressed rungs of depression, until one day a teenager came to the scrap yard and bought him, and rebuilt him into a shiny new hotrod.

Anyway, it was one of my favorite Disney cartoons as a child, so I think just for that reason I'll enjoy this movie. I'll see if I can find a screencap of the cartoon I'm talking about.

[edit] Here's the short I was talking about. I was wrong about the faces looking exactly the same, but they're done in a pretty similar style. I was also wrong about the car being a "he," it's actually a "she."
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Anyone got a link to the trialer on a site that doesn't crash my explorer
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    http://movies.apple.com/movies/disney/cars/cars-teaser_m480.mov

Man, they're hiding that deep in the site... Had to download the file the "click here to play" link leads to and open it in vim.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    I think Pixar has found success in not revealing much at all for the teasers, and then Wowing us in the theatre.

For Nemo, I expected two little fish playing around in the water being chased by larger fish.

For Incredibles, I expected some fat guy in a suit running around trying to save people.

Then the movies are released, and it's much much more. I think this one will be cool too. Owen Wilson sounds good as a red car. The tow truck is a silly character children will love. I liked the race scene because I was a huge Nascar fan when I was young. The camera angles were perfect. Pixar has been top of the line for innovation in each film. They've pushed the limits for fur, water, muscles and facial expressions, and now vehicles.
  • lkraan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lkraan polycounter lvl 18
    So far I really like all Pixar movies. Some more than the other but I think that they are all great fun.
    I thought the trailer was funny. My 2.5 year old son on the other hand, being a car fanatic like pretty much all young boys, went completely nuts. I think he's watched the trailer 50 times this weekend. So I'm liking the trailer a little bit less right now smile.gif

I think we need a "movies & trailer" board laugh.gif