Home General Discussion

If you liked Ico....

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
Wanda and the Colossus Trailer

Looks very cool, it isn't a sequel to Ico but has some of the same style. For some reason the hero has to kill these giants to bring a girl back to life. One scene has the hero running up the sword of a colossus (that's how big they are). I'm really looking forward to it!

Replies

• gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    i'm all about Ico and i still haven't played it frown.gif that game and katamari damancy represent why i'm thinking about getting a PS2, but i guess we'll see...

thanks for the heads up on this game, though. looks interesting. it would be the cat's meow if you could perform that kind of interaction in-game, and not just in cutscenes (running up the giant sword, mucking around on top a colossus). in fact i wonder if that's the premise of the game? that it's solely about taking down these big monstahs with different tactics or something? if it isn't, there should be a game like that, where you can run around on top of a monster...

oh, and either that guy is tiny or his horse is REALLY REALLY BIG. i think the second, but damn, that is a big horse.
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    Its very like Ico - its like a platform puzzle adventure, except that each level *IS* a Colussus.

I've been looking forward to it for some time now.
  • FunkaDelicDass
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FunkaDelicDass polycounter lvl 18
    I believe that's what the gameplay consists of, taking down enormous enemies by climbing on them and finding their weak points. They've spent a lot of time developing this one (apparently this is what they've been working on immediately after they finished Ico a few years ago), so I have high hopes for it.
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    sounds brilliant to me. brilliant i say!

if this is for the ps2 as well then that seals the deal, i must have a ps2.
  • seantree
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seantree polycounter lvl 18
    I am going to own this game as soon as it is available. I havent imported a game for months, but this one demands it!!!!It looks so damn good.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    You really want to play a story-driven game in japanese?
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    If it's like Ico the langauge won't matter.
  • seantree
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seantree polycounter lvl 18
    I can get by pretty well in import games. I taught myself the basics of hiragana and Kana while playing the imported versions of FF5-10. I haven't braved Kanji yet, but hope to someday.