Home Contests & Challenges Archives

Elemental - Vig- Earth

After getting fed up with not being able to work with any kind of normal mapping technology at work, and playing too much WoW when I am at home. I have decided to get back on the wagon and toss my hat back in the ring. I am not sure if I will finish the textures in time but I aim to finish it never the less!

Concept: I added the giant mushroom from the older concept
earth_03.jpg

earth_08.jpg

Replies

• Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    Wow! That little guy is just pure character!
    Great Stuff!

Reminds me...I need to get back to work on my entry ooo.gif.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have it unwrapped, but I can't get all this normal mapping crap working right. SOOOoOoo I am going to skin it like normal in the two days I have left and hope that is enough (because it won't). I normally would have no issue with this but I can't work with normal maps in my down time at work. So I get about 3-4 hours (if I am lucky) a week to work on them at home =(

My slight addiction to WoW doesn't play into this... I'm not addicted, I can stop any time. It's free, whats wrong with playing a free MMO? Its not like it hurts anyone?
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    earth_05b.jpg
    Pic_01
    Pic_02
    Pic_03
    Well this is as far as I can get by the dead line. Still quite a bit of texture work left to go. The textures need much lovin, and I need to still create the normal maps. I have learned so much by doing this, and have learned I have much more to learn.

I want to finish this model, even if it won't be done in time. I blame WoW for my lack of progress over these many days. Can't point the finger at my horrible miss management of time... blush.gif
  • snemmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    well since it's 1am EST sunday the 21st you have missed the deadline for the contest by 25hrs. frown.gif

still would love to see you finish it smile.gif