Home General Discussion

a question about the brain

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Mishra polycounter lvl 18
whenever i go to the doctor's office for a check up, or am reading about the paranormal, or having my palm read, my brain seems to release dopamine or something because i feek a bit high. what is this, and does anyone eles have this?

Replies

• MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Umm. Just a bit off topic but I think an avatar image over 300k is a little excessive. You've gotta remember not everyone has broadband these days, and people don't want to have to spend ages waiting for a page to load just to see a tiny animated GIF.
  • NoSeRider
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NoSeRider polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    my brain seems to release dopamine or something because i feek a bit high. what is this, and does anyone eles have this?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're horney.....case in point:
    blonde.gif
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    *toggles favourite topic*
  • Paolo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Paolo polycounter lvl 18
    your icon brought me much happiness ... i am sad to see it go.
  • Mishra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    your icon brought me much happiness ... i am sad to see it go.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes well apparently it was much too large, i forgot not everyone is on dsl.
  • jer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jer polycounter lvl 18
    Can you be any more specific in what you mean by "high?" (e.g., drugged, happy, excited, anxious, manic, etc.)

At any rate, your brain releases dopamine all the time and variations are slow--even medications designed to alter this can take weeks before those taking them notice any effect. From what you describe, it sounds more like you're feeling good, old-fashioned adrenaline.
    smile.gif
    jer
  • frosty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    frosty polycounter lvl 18
    The lack of it apparently has been found in chronic alcoholism, so if you got extra you may find yourself not succumbing to being a drunk as you come of age.

Hope that helps.
  • Mishra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Can you be any more specific in what you mean by "high?" (e.g., drugged, happy, excited, anxious, manic, etc.)

At any rate, your brain releases dopamine all the time and variations are slow--even medications designed to alter this can take weeks before those taking them notice any effect. From what you describe, it sounds more like you're feeling good, old-fashioned adrenaline.
    smile.gif
    jer

[/ QUOTE ]

i mean high as in "i just smoked a joint" high.

and i dont drink.