Home General Discussion

NaNoWriMo

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Asherr polycounter lvl 18
yes it is that time of year again... no not halloween. no not election time. its NaNoWriMo, or National Novel Writing Month!!!

http://www.nanowrimo.org/

basically write 50,000 words in november. you can sign up at the website to participate in a contest or you can just write like me...

tried this last year. i think i only got about 1500 - 2000 words written. im going to try and do better this year smile.gif not sure what im going to write about though... fantasy? horror? sci-fi?

Replies

• Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    I tried this once before. Got a little way in then got bored. I don't have the patience for writing so much every day. I can always find so many other little things that I just need to do before starting writing. Just like studying for exams.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    I'm one of those kinds of people who can write 50,000 words in just a couple days, as writing comes very easily to me. My average forum post here is likely about twice as long as the average of everyone else's; I'm hard to shut up once I get going. My problem, from a creative aspect, is that I just don't feel I have anything to say. I'd love to take part in something like this, but I can't ever think of anything I want to sit down and write about. I think that's a good indication that I wasn't born for a career as a e...
  • Frank
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frank polycounter lvl 18
    Write about the state of Bond films. Or games. How about what's wrong with MMOs? I've been considering writing that one myself. laugh.gif

Frank the Avenger
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    50,000 words.

30 days.

go!

smile.gif