Home General Discussion

Election Night Parties

ShadoKat
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
ShadoKat polycounter lvl 18
Next Tuesday is election night. Lainey and I are trying to find something to do or find somewhere to go to drink and watch the results come in. Anyone else doing anything?

Replies

• Dukester
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dukester polycounter lvl 18
    watching southpark, futurama, sealab 2021 and then getting up and going to work the next morning, like any other Tuesday wink.gif
  • frosty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    frosty polycounter lvl 18
    *** Ah! The first political thread in the new forums smile.gif ***

I got Jury Duty and plus cos I failed to vote two years ago I can't vote, but was not going to anyways. Prolly be home b!tching about the Jury system, Judges, Lawyers, Cops and how we need to overhaul the whole criminal justice system. I really need to rent Rick S. fav movie 12 angry men. I should be in prime shape to watch the elections then huh ShadoKat? So are you and Lainey gonna vote for Kerry or Nader? My Gallup pole link shows Dubya by 8 points and my homepage says he leads by 3.
  • sal_manilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sal_manilla polycounter lvl 18
    Whoopee....I'm with Dukester. The election is gonna be the lesser of two weevils. Out of the fryin' pan and into the fryin' pan. crazy.gif
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    a comic book store in chapel hill is giving a 10% discount to anyone with one of the 'i voted today, im not a tool' stickers

i would like to have an election party... thats not a bad idea.
  • Mojo2k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mojo2k polycounter lvl 18
    i don't see why all the hate about not voteing, i mean a lot of people simply don't care, i don't see where a random choice is better than no choice. if i ever saw an election where i thought one candidate was really good, i would vote.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    I fully support your decision to not vote, Tracy wink.gif
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    I'm going to vote just to say I did. Hopefully nothing will happen that will prevent me from voting or I will lose all hope in America. I would vote for Nader if he had the chance, but Kerry has mine just to get Bush out. Damn that's sad. I'm hoping for 2008 to be a better year. If Bush somehow slips into a coma and dies on election night, I'll throw a party. Otherwise, I'll most likely be surfin the net waiting for the results.
  • frosty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    frosty polycounter lvl 18
    If it has meant something to me I'd have registered in time to be qualified to vote. I guess it did not mean that much too me. I dunno what the hate is about non-voters, some folks say if you did not vote then you haven no right to b!tch about anything. I disagree. Btw Mojo that avatar ownz!!!!
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Assuming its resolved in one night. wink.gif
  • SjetvsKerrigan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SjetvsKerrigan polycounter lvl 18
    *flashback to 4 years ago*
    "I'm going to stay up until they figure out who won!"

I'm going to bed at 9PM this time.