Home Contests & Challenges Archives

Elemental - Thermidor - earth

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Thermidor polycounter lvl 18
Well i thought i would at least put my entry back up ... im still meaning to make better textures for her .. to make use of the whole texture size aloud.. other than that , she is pretty much finnished ...

poisonivy2.jpg

monday27th.jpg

Replies

• Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    I like the veins/roots on the face, but I think you should sorta fade them out as it goes further into her face instead of stopping it at a certain point, it might have a nicer effect.

I also would like to see more color on her, I think I mentioned in the last thread, something like moss or something growing on her.

Great looking model though! The picture still gives me the creeps Though. smile.gif
  • Steakhouse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steakhouse polycounter lvl 18
    And I still vote for Birch Bark and Moss smile.gif
  • Thermidor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    since i did this way back , probly a month ago , ive reinstalled my pc , and i lost something im sure ... coz now im having the old normal map looking odd syndrome ... so im having trouble making any of it look good ...

Steak : ive still gota try that ... u mean textured moss right , ?? coz im 4 tris off the limit i think smile.gif
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    damn, that sucks if you lost your normals info. i don't remember exactly, but wasn't the same problem addressed last time? so here's hoping there's a quick fix for you.

yeah, that picture is creepy/great.
  • Thermidor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah , KDR11k said somthing about worldspace , then i fell over and started girgling ...

Ive probly got it all on a backup disk somwhere ... well , i wasnt in this to win it ... i just wanted to see wot ppl thought of my work ... the post i did on this was the first post i had ever done anywhere .. and now im not so afraid to show wot ive done .. gota thank bobo really for starting this comp smile.gif but the rest of you guys are great .. tactful , but to the point when theres somthing wrong ... (which is what is needed)

hopefully i will get time to correct any small errors , and post a finnished shot for the deadline ... if not , ill just enter it how it is ...
  • Steakhouse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steakhouse polycounter lvl 18
    Well you have a strong chance of winning as you're is nearly done and all you need now is tweaks.

And yes I meant textured moss. Modelled would be rediculous.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Your normal map was in tangent space but your renderer assumed it was in world/object space. Since you need tangent space maps for anything that deforms the map is correct, the renderer is merely set up incorrectly (material properties I'd guess).
  • Thermidor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    still girgling ... no really , i think i get it now ...

just gota find the bits to change
  • Herr-Maestro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Herr-Maestro polycounter lvl 18
    She's sexxxxaaaay wink.gif Good work on the bark type texturing for her skin. What type of bark texture is it??
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    impressive stuff, thermidor. a little too monochromatic, but even that's an overall pleasing effect. a well crafted model smile.gif
  • Thermidor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    well , ive posted my final entry , the finnished result is anything but perfect , but i think the contest has been briliant in MAKING me learn normal mapping , thanks bobo for putting up a great comp.