Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Forsaken work / Need animator

Sean McBride
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Sean McBride polycounter lvl 18
Hey guys, been a while since i've pimped anything! Got a few things from a group of guys i've been working with.

First of all we need a character animator so if anyone is interested please send me an email or contact the team through the webpage. I'm out of ideas as far as places to look for animators other than the couple of forums I browse, any ideas?

Cult Leader
thumbnail_021.jpg
back
Governor Leader
thumbnail_031.jpg
back

Couple weapons done by X-Convict:
thumbnail_042.jpg
thumbnail_030.jpg

All the rest of the shots can be found here.

Also, I just finished this tonight.

skin_wip14.jpg
skin_wip14_pose.jpg

Replies

• spacemonkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spacemonkey polycounter lvl 18
    the ears look small and slightly low down, the pupils are to soft, make them have a harder edge to help define them and also consider softening the edge of the iris (it looks to hard). Its a good looking texture but the eyes really let down all that hard work.
    Good Stuff laugh.gif
  • Sean McBride
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks spacemonkey! laugh.gif

I'll be doing that.
  • IceWolve
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IceWolve polycounter lvl 18
    Ya, just noticed the ear thing too, the top of the ear should be at the top of the brow. And the bottom of the ear about where the noses ends. Hope that helps wink.gif And its bout time you pimped that stuff here.
  • Sean McBride
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hehehe thanks icewolve. Jamie at cgchat didn't like it. Pshhhh oh well. I'm going to try to fix the ear thing without screwing up the textures to bad.

Anybody know of an animator thats available? wink.gif
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Minor crit: Berets don't have a black ring of rubber at the bottom, they have a black cloth part with a rubber band going through it (the cloth therefore is a bit thicker at the bottom), if I remember the thing correctly (though I'm pretty sure it wasn't a big flat rubber band on the bottom). You can add small folds to the black area to make it look less flat.
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    looking good man. you are definately getting better. I would work on the ears tho, they are a bit smallish, and teh top is nowhere near as thick as it prolly should be. At that resolution see if you can get more texture into the surfaces, they are all a bit smooth. thge best example is the berret, its got a good texture to it, although it could be deeper
  • Sean McBride
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks ben smile.gif Got the ears fixed after spacemonkey pointed it out. Looks great now, I'll be doing a new eye texture and possibly dirtying up the face a little bit.
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    the two metal thingies on the front of his mask are lit from the top-left, as is his hat, while everything else is lit straight down.

the mask goes too far up his face, as well.
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    Nice man! He looks a bit like a character we had in Everything Or Nothing.

Agreed that the ears are too small. I also think that perhaps his eyes are a bit small in his head?
  • Sean McBride
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine, Thanks for pointing that out. As you guys can probobly tell it looks like ive painting in the lighting and then taken some of it out. Its because the team and I were not 100% sure if hl2 allowed normal maps on characters and if so if it would be wise to use them in multiplayer because of the processing time on all thoes characters. I'll fix the lighting on the metal valves!

Daz, Thanks wink.gif your definantly an inspiration! The ears have been fixed ill post some new shots of it tonight. I was thinking the eyes were a bit small for his head but i wasn't sure. I'll fool around with them and put some referances up. Lets see what I come up with.

Been missing the great crits you guys give wink.gif between polycount being down and me trying to keep this stuff fairly under wraps i was getting a bit lonely! laugh.gif
  • Sean McBride
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update.

Thanks for the great crits guys!

skin_wip15_thumb.jpg
    skin_wip15_2_thumb.jpg
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It looks to me like the skull from front to back is way too long, ears to back of the skull is what looks off like there is too much surface area there. Other than that it looks good.