Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Cyst Churn Creature: The Hound

Steakhouse
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Steakhouse polycounter lvl 18
Another Cyst Churn Mutation. Letting people guess how the last monster ended up in it's state was actually rather fun so I'll post the process later after a few guesses are made.

For the basic look of this guy I was trying to create something that looked exceptionally light on it's feet, yet not so intimidating that six or seven rounds wouldent send it off limping. I hope I've managed to capture that.
houndimage.gif

And here's the link to the larger image for those who want a look at some of the details.
http://www.afnom.com/npak/houndlarge.gif

Replies

• SjetvsKerrigan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SjetvsKerrigan polycounter lvl 18
    I'm reminded of that joke, "If my dog was as ugly as you, I'd make him walk backwards."
    You've got a talent for putting limbs where they don't belong. Really icky. I think you captured the feeling you were going for.
  • Faucet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Faucet polycounter lvl 18
    Awesome concept!

My only crit is that I find the butt face makes him kinda silly in a way and It makes me think, "Hehehehe butt face!" about as much as I think "Holy crap that thing's freaky!"

Anyway, I really dig the pose and build of him, though... looks agile and tough as nails.

Excellent concept if I've ever seen one smile.gif
  • Steakhouse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steakhouse polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks for the responces guys. This was the very first creature I designed for the Cyst Churn project and I had a few ideas in midn when I built him. The first was that creatures without decernable eyes are scarier then those that have them. This is why the creature from the movie Alien works so well, you have no idea what it's intent is thanks to the fact that human beings rely in eyes to heavy to decern simple things about another person.

the second thing I wanted was a creature that was light on it feet. The knubby wings had to be in the design thanks to one of the basic elements of the creatures mutation, though they arent meant to allow it to fly. Still having those there alowed for the combination of both canine and wasp shapes in it's design.

It's mutation begins with the victim's arms fusing together, creating a spine, with the hands developing into a second pelvis. the legs shrivle, becoming useful only as a set of forelimbs for handling food. The old pelvis extends out through the skin, with the edges forming a light cover over the otherwise vulnerable neck. That would be the objects that look somewhat like ears. The person's head settles into the lower back of the beast, you can see the loft of it just behind the "wings". all the creatures breathing is done through the "human" mouth, while all feating is done through the new mouth. The mutation takes almost a full day to complete and it excutiatingly painful for the victim.

I'll continue to post various creatures and characetrs from this project as I make them ready.