Home Technical Talk

What's new in cloth simulation? anything new and cool recently worth trying ?

gnoop
sublime tool
Offline / Send Message
gnoop sublime tool
  I stopped at Marvelous Designer 6.5 I ones got a permanent license as an Xmass deal .   It feels  so ancient, slow and and inconvenient nowadays .  Although I managed to get quite real looking things with it.     Never liked 3d max one .    What 's  GPU and cool now ?  with easy responsive tweaks?    Blender nodes maybe?   Looks like Blender is cpu only heating my laptop like crazy . 

Replies

• iam717
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth
    Haven't learned it much but zbrush has that cloth sim, its wonky for me but that is only because i am face-rolling(equivalent of smashing keyboard with head) into it without reading the doc. 

I am also interested in anything fun, i think they changed the interface "controls" in MD 9.5 or so and its just a nightmare overall to work in the view-port when you want functionality like the best view-ports out there. 

Guess its copyright-tin control scheme? which is why all can not have the same schemes? it works stop trying to reinvent what works...is what i would say to viewport scripters.
  • Neox
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    I've seen a bunch if machine learning clothsim stuff in the recent years, which to me looked like this is where we're heading in games  at least for some time, as its a lot lighter than actual cloth sim