Home Technical Talk

Anything new in nowaday Zbrush for texture painting ?

gnoop
sublime tool
Offline / Send Message
gnoop sublime tool
Zbrush once was my only soft for everything.    Both sculpting and textures .    Nothing procedural but so easy  to do textures  natural way  with brushes painting in cavities  and otherwise on prominent things  + quick edge masking.        To be honest I am not even sure why  I switched to Painter and Designer   . It's not much  quicker , neither better looking in result .      Zbrush always provided  that certain human  touch   of intuition  rather than  robotic masks generation  that made thing looks a tad bit better  just because the brushes felt just  right and you didn't have  to do all the non stop puzzles with masks generators, anchors,   etc.   

Still miss  my collection of long stripes of roll brushes .  Best looking asphalt cracks I ever did . Designer never been able to provide anything close. 

I think i was lured  away by the idea of proceduralizm  but looking at my old works from Zbrush  I sometimes  doubt if it worth it really. 

In a word . I wonder if recent releases of Zbrush  brought something new  for texture painting?   Better Materials mixing . PBR materials ?   Something node based?    Any better small detail scattering system ?   Honestly nanomesh  system was a crap.      Still I got  better looking small twigs , fallen leaves and grass    than Sampler or Designer ever been able to do for me.     Does current Zbrush allow  to use Redshift to bake such things into low poly surface   or it's just useless cool pictures generator Keyshot was ?     Any update for Zbrush own  BPR render?

Replies