Home Adobe Substance

How good generative Ai in Sampler ? New features in Designer/ Painter ?

gnoop
sublime tool
Offline / Send Message
gnoop sublime tool
Does anyone use it  really?   Any improving in photo to normal map  generation? 
From what I saw in youtube videos it looks like it generates small 1x1m pieces , repeating like hell   and not much of a help. Am I wrong .   Same reason I hardly use megascan textures.   What about crispness of normal and height map?   Looks a bit blurry , isn't it?

Painter  seems having  nothing worth mentioning  in 2024.   Wonder  if Designer  does?    They promise some speed up.   Is it so ?   My substances are slow as hell toward  the end usually.      I never used smooth curvature  node before.  Rather hipass  for the same purpose. Much better controllable.      Is the new  curvature  smooth node  any big improve?

I am using 2023 Steam versions currently.   Haven't seen anything  worth updating  for a few years  already. been disappointed in 2023 versions  either.  Played a bit with curve nodes then went back to old Expression vector soft, which could do anything curve related much easier.     Wonder is it a good time to resubscribe to Adobe? 

Replies

• poopipe
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    I know they've been working on architectural stuff  over the last year or so - I doubt any of that will be obvious to the user but it's of great interest to me as someone who needs to develop plugins. 

loop nodes are the most interesting feature they've added outside of a bunch of nodes that my team seem quite excited about. 

the slow graph thing is a you problem  - complex graphs can be fast if you build them right.
  • gnoop
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop sublime tool
    poopipe   Do you mean "while loop"  node in pixel processor ?    it is in 2023 Steam version already.   I did a few slope blurs  with unrestricted number of steps with it .    Or they did a few other  kinds of loops in  this year version?

• poopipe
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    no - that's just the last thing of any real  significance that's been added. 

if you have that then in principle you should be able to make basically anything that doesn't require sampling it's own output