Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Female Cyberpunk Character - (3D Student, Feedback Appreciated!)

I am a Games Art student studying at University of Hertfordshire and I am creating a characteer for my Final Major Project which is due very soon. I have been studing 3D for almost a year now, and this is my second (to be soon) fully realised character. So any feedback is really appreciated!

At the current stage I am bringing the character close to High Poly stage and this is how she looks like at the moment.

Replies

• zetheros
    Offline / Send Message
    zetheros polycounter
    Focusing on proportions and learning subdivision modeling would help. Try using polypaint to help sort disorganized detail into more orderly, congruent areas. When adding detail, ask yourself if it plays a functional role; in the case of a cyborg, does it make sense from a engineering / mechanical / electrical standpoint?

not bad for 1 year of study, keep it up and good luck
  • sacboi
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range
    Referencing an ecorche would help with anatomical proportions so getting those right first rather than concentrating on what she'll wear.
  • carvuliero
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    On high heels center of gravity shift , body has to balanced itself to remain straight for which it takes specific pose My suggestion is to look for references that show that and adjust your model accordingly Below is a quick example

• kalst
    @zetheros @carvuliero @sacboi

Thank you all so much for for your feedback! I have tried to implement it into the character and made some changes.

I have taken the project to the final finished stage and would love to hear any feedback and advice on it!

• kalst
    here is the link to the promotional video made for the project:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8K9mra63Bc

• carvuliero
    Offline / Send Message
    I think you have some problem showing your work For example I would try different background or stronger rim /back light so she can stand out
    Also details look washed out and flat If I ware you I would play more with values increasing the value range which will increase contrast I made you a little example , see how much better it reads on the right also it looks much more clear and structured

• kalst
    @carvuliero
    thank you for the feedback! Presentation has been definitely one of my weaknesses for a long time. I can see that it looks so much better in the example. I'll play around with values and contrast a bit more.

On another note, do you have any thoughts on the shading? I have never done anything like this before, and would love to hear what you think on that.
  • carvuliero
    Offline / Send Message
    You have to define what you mean by shading I already talk about values If you mean color and material definition : for color I personally like blue one and maybe black one[if you are not sure what color to pick use premade color pallet that already works ] For material definition maybe you can get better result if you use clear coat car paint like base for the metal parts and from there you have to define what  the other materials should be  Right now I can't tell of abdominal piece is rubber fabric or metal If you organize your material this will give you another form of contrast
  • kanga
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Came out looking pretty good. Well done!