Home General Discussion

Olympic Esports to become standalone event.

quad damage
Offline / Send Message
littleclaude quad damage
Read here for more details - Olympic Esports Article on the BBC

I am so happy to see this moving forward, not sure about all the list of games but hey, got to start somewhere I guess. I hope they fix the list and get some ESports like League of Legends, Valorant, Counter-Strike, Dota 2, Overwatch, Rocket League, Rainbow Six, Call of Duty and so on, they really need an adviser so people tune in online. Chess is cool idea and Gran Turismo is fine but the other games are a strange choice but maybe I am missing something? I guess at the end of the day when the Olympics started it had Live Pigeon Shooting, Underwater Distance Swimming, Dueling Pistols and not to mention it gave out medals for art where painters, sculptors, writers and musicians battled for gold. I guess its going to take a while before they fine tune the best ESports games but hey "Olympic Esports" come on!! it's a great start. :) 

Official source - https://olympics.com/ioc/news/ioc-announces-olympic-esports-games-to-be-hosted-in-the-kingdom-of-saudi-arabia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kweDDrEUYV0&t=1111s

A young man wearing white over-ear headphones sits in front of a videogame controller steering wheel in an arena setting He wears an expression of concentration as two large screens glow green behind him and a large set of white Olympic rings lit in white hovers over the stage

They should break it down into categories such as "FPS, Racing, Board Game." For an Olympic Esports event, here are some top contenders across various genres, considering factors like popularity, competitive scene, and global reach.

First-Person Shooter (FPS)

1. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS)
  2. Valorant
  3. Overwatch 2
  4. Rainbow Six Siege
  5. Call of Duty: Warzone

Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA)

1. League of Legends
  2. Dota 2

Battle Royale

1. Fortnite
  2. PUBG
  3. Apex Legends

Fighting Games

1. Street Fighter V
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Mortal Kombat 11

Sports Simulations

1. FIFA
  2. NBA 2K

Strategy and Board Games

1. Hearthstone
  2. StarCraft II
  3. Clash Royale
  4. Chess (Digital)

Racing Games

1. Rocket League
  2. Gran Turismo

These categories and games provide a well-rounded selection for an Olympic Esports event, showcasing the diversity and excitement of competitive gaming but hey, what do I know ;) 

Replies