Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Photogrammetry Bag Scene

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
stefanWilliams_C polycounter lvl 4
Hello again, it's been a little while since I last posted!

So for this project, I'm scanning my good old Kånken bag and recreating a small scene using a photo I took last year as my main reference. 
My main goal with this one is to try out as much photogrammetry as I can, tweaking my workflow wherever it's needed. 

My PureRef is quite small at the moment but I'm still building ideas about how I want to have the ground foliage cover and what elements of the foliage I want to show off in the final composition. Right now Autumn colours seem like a great contrast with the deep green of my bag. 

Quickly bashed up a scene with basic composition in Blender using the current low poly of my scan. 
Below are some screenshots from RealityCapture (yay, it's free now!). The scan went pretty well I think, especially since I found a lovely grey day to shoot and the curbside provided good enough pixel edge contrast. 
The back straps are the messiest at the moment and I think will be hard to get perfect directly through RealityCapture, so I'll add that geometry in Blender instead. 

Excited to be starting up this project since I've been thinking about it for a while now! 
Would be great to get some feedback or tips or tricks when it comes to scanning and my scene idea :) 
Thanks for reading!