Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sf Valkyrie WIP

Hey everyone, I hope you're all doing great. This is my first post on polycount and here's a character art piece that I'm working on. It's based on a concept by MinTiger (Jang Minho). I'd like to get some feedback, and you don't have to hold back. I'm particularly looking for input on the proportions before I move on to refining the high-poly model, but anything goes. What I have here are just unrefined meshes so I can still make big changes if need be. Feel free to save the images and even do some draw-overs if you'd like. I would like to have the high-poly model finished over the weekend if possible. 

Some close up's

It's funny when you look at the concept you don't realize how many pieces there are until you start sculpting. As you guys can see I'm still missing a few but WTH, not gonna wait any longer. So ripped it apart y'all :D.

Here's the concept art

Thanks in advance for your help guys :3.

Replies

• carvuliero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    Easy way to check proportions is to find middle of the character and compare it with ref mid point This will give you proper relation between torso and legs
    Other thing that you can do is to compare shoulder waist and hip lines and find their relation
    Head is probably too small also you haven't arrange neck piece properly, there is also this red ornament which should be twice as thick , leg should be thicker as well
    Arm and legs could have better gesture !

• Terans29
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Carvullero thanks for taking the time to do some draw overs, I appreciate. Yeah that neck piece was one of my problems. Lol, you properbly notice the super wide hips and thick thighs from the concept was something I did like, but I like the tweaks you've made, so I'll throw your reference into zbrush and make some changes. Thanks alot, I hope you'll be here till the end to help.