Home Marmoset

Animation: "Import From Model" Button has 2 Mayor Flaws

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Sidney Eliot polycounter lvl 2
Why is there no way to delete animation sets or "actions" that are imported using the Import From Model button in Marmoset.  

The general workflow looks like this: Import the model (in this case character) and the rig with only the rest pose, then use the Import From Model button to import another fbx with only the rig and the animation sets / actions in a separate file. One of the reasons why this is a good approach, rather than having all in one file, is that it makes switching out or editing the animation without having to re-import the entire model a lot easier.

Using that workflow with the current state of Marmoset Toolbag will work, but the list of animation sets to choose from will just keep on growing with repeats of the same name, with there being no way for the user to delete the animations from the list.

Also, another thing that should be fixed, is that for some reason Marmoset Toolbag will not show the Import From Model button, if the model doesn't have at least one animation, which is ridiculous, because the purpose of the button is to give the model animations so why would that button require the model to already have at least one.

Replies

• Sidney Eliot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sidney Eliot polycounter lvl 2
    Also, as far as I can see there's no way to view bones in Marmoset, which makes troubleshooting things quite hard if the rig doesn't import correctly or have deformation issues.
  • iam717
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth
    Yeah i also get some strangeness could be from my "scene" but it doesn't show up in application and almost appears as if a key-frame is being added so my animation skips quickly at the start, from moved state back to start state quickly.  Just adding notes that might be helpful if they look into it, on their end, .fbx import with animation.  Luckily for me no one can really see that in my turn table so its fine with me and i can move on but agree.