Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Unreal Tournament 99 - Biorifle remake

Hi there !
My name is Axel Zender and I'm in the run-up to my final year at New3dge as an environment/prop artist in Game Art.
Here's one of a project I did during my free time. As a fan of Unreal Tournament, I really wanted to recreate a weapon from it and I love it's design :) 

With this project I wanted to get more acquainted with Blender. It's pretty easy and quick to make shapes.
I used Substance Painter for the texturing and finally rendered it in Unreal Engine !

Here's my Artstation post : https://www.artstation.com/artwork/w0an19

Replies

• Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    Looks cool man :) Just a note for the future, if you have a gun taking up a large amount of your screen, don't hold back on polygons for round bits. The tube coming out at the left has a lot of faceting (you can see the polygons).
  • Cibot09
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks cool man :) Just a note for the future, if you have a gun taking up a large amount of your screen, don't hold back on polygons for round bits. The tube coming out at the left has a lot of faceting (you can see the polygons).
    Hey there ! Thank you very much !
    Yes, I saw that at the end, I have a tendency to still being lowpoly on my props even when it's close but you're right, I should have put more polys ^^