Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Warhammer Choppa

This has been a WIP I have been hacking away at during some free time any and all critiques are appreciated, I 2nd guess my pieces a lot.

I think I'm looking for a critique on how to make my final shot more dynamic or interesting, I always struggle with this part.

If anyone has references I can look at or artist work you think might help me please share away. first image is my 3D model 2nd image is the reference I used. I grudged it up a little more personal preference.

Replies

• Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    Hey bud, sorry in advance for my atrocious writing. These are some ways I feel you could improve upon the model. I kinda went overboard with the critiques and I know you're at the rendering phase, so w/e, but I love chunky warhammer style weapons that are a little bit cheesy! I forgot to note that I think your blade can use with a gradient, making the top tip brightest.

Here's what I think are some good renderings of weapons. Yours kind of looks like a typical substance painter render, but the renders below have movement in them. Instead of having your background red-orange (it kinda looks brown a bit), I think you should push it a little cooler, maybe slightly between red and purple. I could be wrong on this, would take some experimenting.