Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

The process of creating a Rocket Boat of Project 1241 - Part 2

triangle
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Attknin triangle
Hi everyone! Today I want to tell you how I created a highly pligonal model in Zbrush on the example of a hull.

Для начала я экспортировал свою модель из Fusion 360 в Zbrush. 

Next, using the DynaMesh function, I subdivided the mesh to create chamfers and other elements that reveal the history of our hull. I used the Polish function to create the chamfers and the brushes to transfer the history. 

I also use Polish Crisp Edges to create more correct bevels, and Polish By Features to smooth the edges. 

Now about brushes, to give the material basic scuffs, spar lines, dents, plating, welding and so on, I used the following brushes:

1. Variations of the standard brush (example):

Also, since the ship is large, you can change the brush size in the settings for convenience:

I used the Smooth and Flatten brushes for the damaged, dented edges.

I used the following brush variation (along with the Smooth brush) to create the basic uneven geometry:

Also, you can play with the parameters to get other material effects you want (as an example, based on only two parameters):

You can also still get, as an example, particle elements, also from a variation of the above brush, or experiment with other brushes:

To simulate paint, I use a ready-made brush pack that I purchased on ArtStation. You can make your own, but I found it quicker and easier to use the ready-made version.

Of course, some of the elements you may not meet in real life, but to emphasize the contrast of the art and history, these elements have a place to be, and it's all a matter of taste. 

Also, all elements have increased contrast for the most correct and clear display of them in the future on the Normal Map.

Other renders:
https://www.artstation.com/attknin