Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolio Good Enough? - Art of Mir

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Mirge polycounter lvl 7

Hi guys,

I've just applied to a few companies (one of the many) with my current portfolio pieces and I wanted to get an insight of what people like and dislike about my portfolio, I'm open to critiques (go easy :))) and I'm not sure what expectations I should expect other than being turned down multiple times (Que sera sera right?)

Core softwares that I use are: Maya, ZBrush, Painter, UE4/5 and Marmoset with a bit of Knald and xNormal for those creamy bakes. I've done a few research on what sort of things x companies produce and their theme of work, say Naughty Dog and Blizzard as those are my inspiration.

Without further ado here's my portfolio, artstation: https://artofmir.artstation.com/

Thanks for your time, have a good day!

Replies

• Alex_J
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    art seems fine to me, if compared to artist working at naughty dog or blizzard i think some shortcomings might be pointed out but kind of need side by side comparison for that. The easier you make it to critique your work the more likely you are to get high value feedback from a pro. So putting up your work side by side with your targets and maybe even framing a few questions can help with that. 

i didnt see any technical breakdowns of your work. I think most people want some indication that you are working efficiently as a level artist. Wireframes, UV layouts, etc.
  • Mirge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mirge polycounter lvl 7
    Alex_J said:
    art seems fine to me, if compared to artist working at naughty dog or blizzard i think some shortcomings might be pointed out but kind of need side by side comparison for that. The easier you make it to critique your work the more likely you are to get high value feedback from a pro. So putting up your work side by side with your targets and maybe even framing a few questions can help with that. 

i didnt see any technical breakdowns of your work. I think most people want some indication that you are working efficiently as a level artist. Wireframes, UV layouts, etc.
    Thanks for the reply alex, appreciate you! I'm working out on the breakdowns at the moment, trying to compare other people's breakdowns as well without the presentation looking roughish, My aim was to make most of my post minimal as people tend to stay a short amount of time navigating and just show the final product. I'll work on this!