Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[ First post ] WIP of an anime elf character

Well hello there, this is the first time posting here and I'm also new to this site. I appreciate any feedback you can give :). Kind of feeling lost at the moment, I'm about to get my degree but don't know what to do after that. I was working on 2D art for the past months but then I realized I liked working more on 3D so I went back to fix a character I worked in the past. Her name is Lili, I fixed Lili concept art with her new outfit months ago but never fixed her 3D model so here I am seeing how well I can do it. I'm hoping I finish by the end of the month with her rig and do some animations. (The one with the blue BG is the old version)

Replies

• Alba
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello. Good work so far, but there are some things to improve.
    Here is some feedback. You should adjust shapes of a character face and body and drop sharp edges on outfit, it looks cluttered and not readable. You also might want to look into some basic cloth simulation, folds will help a lot.

Eyes are too big, I suggest to make them slightly smaller. Same with eyebrows. Also take a look at ears shape and adjust volume of hair.
    Also tweak scale of hair pin to make it pop from a distance. You also need to fix fingers, they look too small and too flat.
    Always get more refences!
    Here is an overpainted picture, there are more things on it.

Good luck and I hope it helps!