Home Technical Talk

Bounce Physics

Chrismartinartist
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Chrismartinartist polycounter lvl 3
Hello,

I am trying to make a short animated clip as a background, if you see this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCXsRoyFRQE

Between 0:20 and 0:22, ths is what I'm trying to recreate, the bullets tumbling down bouncing a little and then piling up.

I tried doing this with physics from an emitter, but they don't rotate while falling, and when they hit a colision plane they bounce straight up vertically in an unrealistic way, and even with dampening on the colision object the ones that land clip through the plane, they also don't colide with each other.

Can anyone explain how I would make this? I'm not very experienced with physics/rigid body stuff, I don't know if it could be done easier with geo nodes, I'm not experienced with that yet either.

Thanks for any help

Replies

• okidoki
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    okidoki polycounter lvl 2
    Before using any rotaional random values for the particles  or subdivided and displace invisible bottom plane.. (or any more complex simulation) i just would use a simple "shuffle grid" likes so (and because of GN (geomtry nodes) i assume blender :wink: ) :

• Chrismartinartist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chrismartinartist polycounter lvl 3
    okidoki said:
    Before using any rotaional random values for the particles  or subdivided and displace invisible bottom plane.. (or any more complex simulation) i just would use a simple "shuffle grid" likes so (and because of GN (geomtry nodes) i assume blender :wink: ) :

That looks great, is it just a jagged shape for it to colide with before falling down?
  • okidoki
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    okidoki polycounter lvl 2
    That looks great, is it just a jagged shape for it to colide with before falling down?
    Exactly.. just to give the particles a litle "twist".. even simpler than playing with the inital rotation velocities etc.. because i always forget all the options for particles :sweat_smile: