Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

My first post

Hi everyone. This is my first post in this forum. I'm 22 years old and I'm studying 3D sculpting for a couple of months.
This is my first "decent" head after i started the course of Nikolay Naydenov(speed char).
If you want you can give some advice for improving my sculpting.

Replies

• Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    You might find it useful to find an Asaro head model (these are all over, plenty of free references you can use). 

An asaro head simplifies the forms of the head. You can then grab just a single vertex at a time and get a feel for how much you can change the character just by moving a single vertex at a time. And the end result will still look very crisp and clean. 

Once you have achieved the basic forms using this very low resolution model, you can then subdivide it and move into sculpting further details. 

If you go into high resolution sculpting to begin with, the result is that lumpy, soft clay look. And it is more difficult to stay focused on the underlying forms and anatomy which has to be good to have a believable character. 

• Fabi_G
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Fabi_G insane polycounter
    Hi! Using the forums search function, you should be able to find plenty of similar threads (sculpt feedback, first sculpt, ...) to learn from.
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    You can also use a free app like Daz3D as reference.