Home Adobe Substance

Substance Painter smart mask messed up after reimport mesh and maps

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Alright guys,
I am experience this issue every time I reimport the slighty changed mesh.
So here the smart mask (dirt) is as it has to be:

This is the same smart mask after reimport the same Mesh:

Do I something wrong on the reimport process?
Is there some setting to do?

So I hope you can help me, this behaviour is driving me crazy :D

Replies

• gnoop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop polycounter
    I feel your pain. Painter is a non-stop puzzles maker .  In my experience it's some baked  random poly-group id colors or mismatching AO  that is included in your masking  or gazillion other reasons you may waste a day trying to figure out.      It's exactly  why  I prefer Substance Designer even for 3d objects texturing.    At least it's easy to locate the issue there  by disabling nodes .    Too bad  brushes in Designer is beyond  horrible.    Would they  do a simple 3d painting  or just paste option to bitmap node at least     I would forget about  Painter ever existed instantly. 
  • iam717
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth
    i found out another way things get out of wack (idk if they fixed it) is if you move any part of a model and try to reimport it say posed or any part repositioned.  Will "destroy" smart masks which then makes them not so smart, the same with many other "smart" things, "funnily" ironic to me.  So solution for me was to not move anything and or redo the smart mask, high five Adobe...
  • poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    As long as you haven't done any manual painting or set up any Uv dependent texture masking these filters are derived purely from your baked maps 

compare the baked maps from before and after your model change - if there are notable differences then you have your culprit