Home Marmoset

Marmoset Toolbag - Render Light Artefacts

Elliott
node
Hello guys,

I have an issue with my scene in Marmoset Toolbag. 
I placed few point lights around my candles and when i turn my camera, i see weirds artefacts popping in somes angles. I tried to change the lights settings but nothing change. I don't know where this issue came from. 
Do you have any ideas ? 

Thanks for your time. 

THE SCENE IN MARMOSET : 

NO ARTEFACTS VISIBLE : 

WHEN I TURN MY CAMERA : 

Replies

• Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    Can you circle the issue, or explain it better? I'm not sure what we're looking for, and nothing sticks out, aside from the noisy liquids in the flasks.
  • iam717
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth
    Thought the same, but yeah, that noise preview is nice but i get why it might be seen as an artifact as in any playable engine, we can seamlessly turn cameras there with no noticeable change to the scene objects, like how m3 was when it was using "global illumination" solution, which is what i also expected in the update. (got spoiled)(at least i never had any issues moving things around that made me think there was an "issue".)
  • Elliott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Elliott node
    Joopson said:
    Can you circle the issue, or explain it better? I'm not sure what we're looking for, and nothing sticks out, aside from the noisy liquids in the flasks.

Sorry for the miss unterstanding, I was talking about this : 

• Elliott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Elliott node
    Anyone has a solution ?
  • iam717
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth
    lights look to be to close to the wall, maybe change the lighting from one of the 3 options and move the lights.
    yappin:
    I always wanted a "customizable" lighting situation even down to fade control, and funnel "think light-saber", perhaps objects can be turned into lights? maybe that would help me out, probably to convoluted.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah it looks like the lights are near the wall/casting light & reflections onto the wall. Try using spot lights instead of omni to control where the lights appear.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 said:
    lights look to be to close to the wall, maybe change the lighting from one of the 3 options and move the lights.
    yappin:
    I always wanted a "customizable" lighting situation even down to fade control, and funnel "think light-saber", perhaps objects can be turned into lights? maybe that would help me out, probably to convoluted.
    Objects act as light sources when ray tracing is enabled, all you need to do is give them an emissive material. Emissive materials require quite a few samples to resolve though, so you may need to increase your sample count for good quality renders.