Home Career & Education

3d modeling and game dev

node
i want to know what are the most sought after types of models (Perferably Vehicles) on stores like sketchfab. Also if i were to make other things like trucks or tanks or planes would that be more perfered. What if you know about cars that you can't find 3d models of but then at the same time thats a risk too

Replies

• Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    if you are trying to earn a living you need to take some time to study business. Here is some basic intro: https://www.imd.org/reflections/business-strategy/

for 3d freelance related stuff the wiki here has a lot of resources gathered you should look at.

If you have some skills that you think can earn some money a simple question to ask yourself is that, compared to your competition, are you going to deliver a better product, a cheaper product, or be able to make it faster? You have to be able to do one of those things to get some edge over your competition. 

Or try to find an underserved market. I don't know much about selling stuff on stores but I think you will be competing with low-cost of living area content farms that are putting out high quality stuff for pennies per hour.