Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Feedback request - Church Of Light - Environment

Hi there ! I hope everyone is doing well. I would love if some of you could give me some feedback on this scene. I have been working on it for a month and a half now. I feel like I m starting to tunnel vision and would love some of your feedback to bring this scene to a close. Any feedback is welcome, be it modeling, texturing, post process, lighting.

This environment is entirely modular.

Replies

• AlecBertrand
    Updated version !

• OG87
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks good!
    The stone texture might need a bit more detail. Right now it looks a bit flat; try out a few different noise maps for the normal map to see how it catches the light.
    You might also want to think about what part of the scene that you want the viewer to focus on, and lead their eyes there with the help of lighting and level of detail. You would usually want to place more details and lights on the centerpiece of your scene (which I would guess would be the statue).
    So maybe decrease the intensity of the sunlight coming from outside, and add more details and lights by the statue (right now its shape is kind of hard to make out).

But otherwise, good job!
  • AlecBertrand
    Hey thanks for the reply !
    I went through your feedback and have made the changes.
    I have reworked the normal map, I have decreased the intensity of the light coming from the outside, changed the intensity of some lights on the inside and tried to change the lighting as to highlight the statue !
    Lighting has always been an issue for me :s so I hope that this is better.