Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

40k Darktide Lasgun fan art (critique please)

Hey y'all, new to the forums and trying to reach out to as many people as possible to get feedback, thanks in advance!

Link to a drive folder with the rest of the renders and alt skins:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/18s5BoGDerQUtil-cUu5zgd60LPu3JJVQ/view?usp=sharing

Replies

• kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    If you want comments its a good idea to post jpg shots at a reasonable viewing size. Have a look at other posts here. Remote links are zlso not a good idea.
  • Buster_Scruggs
    ah my bad, i'll see what I can do
  • Fabi_G
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fabi_G insane polycounter
    Hi! Regarding presentation/ accessibility on the forums, you could export as jpg and attach as images not files (or drag directly into a post).

Regarding the work itself:
    While it might be in line with the original 40k design (here it would help to include references for people unfamiliar with the subject), I think the gun itself looks a bit lowpoly/ uncomfortable. This might be mainly because of the simple, large shapes and tight bevels. The simplicity of the gun is then exaggerated in contrast to the more detailed attachments.

Some surfaces lack description imo, for example I can't tell the nature of the brown parts. Some references here would help to understand the target.

If it were a game asset, it be interesting to see it presented in fps and tps context too.

Keep it up!