Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: omaii

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
omaii polycounter lvl 2
Been wanting to start one of these for a bit to share all of my artistic interests beyond 3D :) I've just joined the daily figure drawing challenge Kimodameshi for the month to push myself to keep up with at least some drawing while I'm 3D-pilled for uni so figured sharing my dailies from this commitment might be a good start for a digital sketchbook.

Here's my figure study for day 1! (I turned her into Wii Fit Trainer because it seemed fitting - might just make each day a different character off the Smash roster, who knows)
For this drawing, I concentrated primarily on getting the overall form right, and while there are some clear proportion and scaling issues I do think I was able to achieve this :") Doing this sketch digitally also had many advantages I otherwise wouldn't have traditionally. Depending on how I feel tomorrow I might switch to my IRL sketchbook for more of a challenge :P

Replies

• omaii
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    omaii polycounter lvl 2
    I forgot to update my dailies here because I was too concerned with posting them in the Kimo Discord LOL but I'm happy to say I did in fact survive the whole month :) Here are the handful of figures I was able to turn into Smash characters, the rest I kept as either rough constructions or nude figures to revisit and Smash-ify later. I want to make these proper painted splash illustrations when I have the time!

Pics were taken with my phone and edited slightly to bring the pencil marks out so excuse the quality :p