Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

(Unreal) City KIT BR Vol 3 - WIP

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
bigodon polycounter lvl 8

Hello!

I would like to share my progress in my upcoming asset pack that will be released someday this month, it's getting close to its finish and I have now a lot for share and talk, so let's do it.

What is City KIT BR?
This is a project I start working in 2022 to have a full kit bashing asset pack where we will be able to make a massive customizable neighborhood in Brazilian style. There are many asset packs in unreal marketplace using construction and general look-n-feel of North American, Asian and European cities right? This one I would like to introduce a South American style and what you will find if you live in this place of earth.

City KIT BR have my own hometown as reference + many middle to big Brazilian cities for collecting a huge reference for building, houses, street props, house dressing styles etc.

This project has a huge scope, so I decided to split in volumes for releasing in parts, the very first volume is Street Food props, where I bring to you what kind of food trucks you usually find here in Brazil streets, the second one is the Newsstand Props, and now the volume 3 is Neighborhoods.

Nice! Where I can get it?
I post my packs on the following marketplaces: Artstation, Epic Store and FlippedNormals, vol 1 and 2 is ready and published, vol 3 will be soon.

There will be a playable demo, so I can take a look before getting it?
Yes, I was get contacted by LV80, so at launch or very time soon you will be able to play and see the City KIT BR Vol 3 in their web browser service if they approve to publish it.

What you will be able to do in the volume 3?
This is a massive semi-modular and highly customizable asset pack that gives you:
  • Unique constructions like buildings, houses and front wall 
  • Options to customize grid walls, doors, windows, window tipping, roofing, front walls
  • A collection of asset dressing for building and houses, street props and Nature props
  • A massive actor component collection of all asset dressing
  • A huge set of decals for building, house and street dressing
  • Materials variation option for many assets
  • Possibility to make small to medium neighborhoods without start feeling repetition
What is planned for the future?
This is where I will try to bring, not a promise, but it's surely under high consideration
  • PCG for full procedural generation of streets
  • Some useful blueprints like a mini traffic light system
  • More house and street dressing collection 
  • ?????
What is the current progression of my project?
All asset collection is done, I'm currently working on vertex painting and organize texture sets of all building, houses and walls, the next step since showcase map will be done, is to create the demo map, this map is where the fun really start, time to make my neighborhood example map.

Please now take a look at some screenshots I made for the progress of the project

1) The overview / asset showcase map as of March 2024

2) The first construction set that is ready with all the dressing and some vertex paint/ materials

3) The overview of unique constructions

4) The overview of nature

5) The overview of street dressing

6) The overview of street Sign dressing

7) The overview of all props of street trash dressing

8) The overview of all house dressing

For the next I will try to bring new updates when I'm starting working on the demo map and getting all this stuff packed together, If you have any question, please comment here and also, feedback is always welcome! Feel free to share your thoughts of my project, suggestions, etc.

See you soon in Brazilian / South America neighborhood style!

Replies

• bigodon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some more related stuff
    Here is the interiors, I made 15 images of "sides" and render in marmoset

• bigodon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A reinforcement has arrived last month, without this, the city kit br vol 3 would not be possible, I used to work with an elder hardware failing GTX Titan X, that's a massive upgrade jump for me, like 3 generation of graphic card jump.

And sweet baby Jesus... be able to use unreal editor without a colossal amount of crashes, ray traycing and ultra massive slow is wonderful bro.

• Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    weird how the 3090 is faster than the 4070 and much more expensive?
  • bigodon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz said:
    weird how the 3090 is faster than the 4070 and much more expensive?
    I don't know bro, but 3090 have a nice 24gb vram, for purely gaming purpose, the 4070 super should be considered, but for gamedev the extra amount of vram is always welcome.
  • bigodon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some more from wip
    The reference board used

Some time ago I also made a board in Miro with tons of screenshots from my substance painter viewport, I'd rather share the board link instead flood with too many screenshots, it's a lot.

https://miro.com/app/board/uXjVNH-Ibtw=/?share_link_id=428763782416

So you can see a bit closer the details of props

• bigodon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have to stop the painting of all constructions to fix up some bad Houdini generation of the vertex painted meshes, I have noticed, and you can imagine fix up about 39 constructions one by one, since the previous ones were ok by manual fixes. But now it's ok, also I found some nasty bug to triplanar material where I look 100 times, and 101 times it looked fine, but the z-projection of normal was buggy by a single misunderstood connection of a node. 

Then, this weekend I was back painting the constructions, all buildings done, about half houses done and only remaining the front walls.

• bigodon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Back working on the project, I start blocking out the neighborhood streets and shape then out, I noticed this small area was enough to use all the construction and start repetition, crazy or not, the real question was: I should start blocking out those streets in a super early stages, then having something in mind to make all the constructions needed to fill this same area without start repeat construction stuff, but that's fine, I will still make adjustments and start to blocking the river creek avenue somewhere there.