Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[wip] Lady - Wonbinlee

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
jermaineb polycounter lvl 13
I found this piece by wonbinlee
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/3dg5RJ

Current working on roughing out the anatomy. What do you think so far? Any feedback/critique?

Replies

• kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Looks like you started the figure at too high a rez. Go from super low and work up.
    You can use an app like daz to check your proportions and even make orthograpic images for front, side etc. you can use these images as ref picks around your figure.

• jermaineb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I started from a much lower resolution and built up. This is after many day of sculpting forms and dynameshing. I also did use proportional guides at the beginning.
  • zetheros
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zetheros interpolator
    I think you're on the right track. Using ryan kingslien's ecorche model could help. I think you could scale back on some details and smooth out forms.
    The hands seem a bit big, in the ref they're slightly smaller and more delicate. The torso could be slightly longer imo; there's not enough room for the ribcage.

• jermaineb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks. I didn't even know that existed :open_mouth:  Ive gotten another comment about the hands and i can see about the ribs being short, but this definitely is cool.
  • jermaineb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's another wip. I tried to incorporate a few different people feedback. Still just trying to get everything kinda close forms/anatomy wise before taking the next steps.