Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

3D Junior Character Artist Looking for critique and feedback on portfolio

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Baiano22 polycounter lvl 5
Hello all! Thanks for giving me some critique and feedback! Here is my portfolio link on artstation: https://www.artstation.com/gustavogontijo

Replies

• Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    it's surprising to me, that you as a character artist have more props that can be considered final in your portfolio than actual game characters.

you do not have a single game ready finished character in your portfolio, i mean sure one can go in and start talking about sculpting, proportions, anatomy or polish and what not, but this is all a bit pointless if none of your characters hits this very minimum bar.

so my suggestion is, pick a concept and do at least one character that is on par with the backpack you show.

• Baiano22
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Neox! Well point it out, I should resolve that! I made the transition to Character art recently, before that I was a 3D Generalist , thats why all the props there, should I remove them right?
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    you are a junior. right now those are your most finished assets, the backüack could be considered a character prop. i'd rather get rid of all the unfinished content and make sure to have more finished things to show.
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    The work is pretty lumpy. None of the character work is very compelling or attractive. Both props and characters need a good foundation which you can get through practice. You can speed up progress by taking a character creation course and there are many good ones to choose from.
    Keep having fun!
  • Baiano22
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga said:
    The work is pretty lumpy. None of the character work is very compelling or attractive. Both props and characters need a good foundation which you can get through practice. You can speed up progress by taking a character creation course and there are many good ones to choose from.
    Keep having fun!
    Thanks kanga, I am currently doing Stylized Charcter creation course with Weston Reid I will get better, one day I will get there! I am doing Rafa Souza anatomy classes too, he is the best in america latina, so I am good to go.
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Baiano22: ... I am currently doing Stylized Charcter creation course with Weston Reid I will get better, one day I will get there! I am doing Rafa Souza anatomy classes too, he is the best in america latina, so I am good to go.

Way to go!  :+1: