Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Cooking pot

Hi, I want to share with you my last project looking for some feedback for the textures and rendering before include it in my portfolio. Hope you like it :)
This 3 were made in Marmoset
And this ones in Unreal

Replies

• ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    My main criticism is the texturing looks and feels more procedural than intentional or natural. The PBR metalness workflow does have some issues with the transition between metallic and non-metallic which you can see on the model, Substrate materials in UE5 does handle it much better, or the specular pbr workflow in Marmoset.

I'd suggest trying to hand paint some of the masks for the different texture layers, a lid is going to wear differently than the pot, they get handled differently and it should show a bit.
  • Fran_AM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD said:
    My main criticism is the texturing looks and feels more procedural than intentional or natural. The PBR metalness workflow does have some issues with the transition between metallic and non-metallic which you can see on the model, Substrate materials in UE5 does handle it much better.

I'd suggest trying to hand paint some of the masks for the different texture layers, a lid is going to wear differently than the pot, they get handled differently and it should show a bit.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm working on it in my spare time (my job is taking all my time this weeks :s )
  • Fran_AM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, here are some new renders with the advices