Home Unreal Engine

How can I change the direction of texture movement?

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
mountains polycounter lvl 10
Hı polycount forum,

How can I change the direction of texture movement?

In the first image(material) the direction of movement looks correct, but on the model... flows from left to right. I want it to flow from top to bottom too. But ı can't...

Thank you...

Replies

• Fabi_G
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fabi_G insane polycounter
    Hi! It's because the UV orientation is different between the preview sphere and the mesh.

Easiest solution, assuming this is a directional pattern, would be to change the orientation of the meshes UVs (rotate by 90 or -90 degrees), so their orientation is consistent with ones of the preview sphere.

To solve it in the material, you would have to add a rotator node to rotate the UVs (TextureCoordinate). Make the input a parameter to set it in a material instance, which you can then assign to the mesh.

If it's a non directional panning pattern, you could just swap the speed inputs (or expose the input to set it in material instances)

To preview with your own mesh while working in the material editor, select the mesh in the content browser, then click the teapot in the preview window.
  • poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    the rotator node is expensive. 

if you want a 90 degree rotation and you insist on doing it in the material then just swap the x and y components of the UVs around.  
  • mountains
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mountains polycounter lvl 10
    Thank you very much Fabi_G and poopipe. ☀️ I learned a lot. Problem solved. My UV was wrong.. :)