Home Marmoset

unable to open project & solution.

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
iam717 greentooth
Found the solution, though if files are moved and the projects become unusable.
The solution if anyone comes across this renaming or moving files around (for whatever reason) is to.

Open the scene file in word and go through each of the folders to find the missing texture map+location.
I renamed my AO and forgot to reload it to the project and save it before closing it, this is the work around for the issue.  It takes a bit of time, was this posted elsewhere? idk but its here for anyone that needs it.

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Is this a problem you can reproduce consistently?

If a texture is moved on disk you should get a prompt to relocate the file when you load the scene.
  • iam717
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth
    ooph,
    I'll make a test file and try to get back to you if i can reproduce it without the prompt coming up, & yes i have seen and used the prompt that is why i thought it was strange this occurred myself. 
    If i do forget:
    Might've been some special scenario i probably can't really reproduce without trying hard and a bit of time, perhaps changed the file and moved or deleted the file while the project was open and in use. (my best guess, atm)
    I usually find a way to screw everything up by complete accident,
    Edit: so any viewers its more me than marmoset but i had to find a solution cause it was breaking project for me and it took forever to create said project.  Tons of saves but that doesn't help if it rejects the project completely from loading, rendering it unusable is not a great thing so hopefully there are scenarios where some-sort of "pull texture out of scene load" can occur and the project could load and then you are asked or have to find your AO img.