Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Level Art Feedback - Church Cloister

Hi there! Beginner level artist here. I'm looking for some feedback on how to improve a level art project I've been working on UE5. Any feedback about my lighting/composition would be most welcome! I used the Medieval Fantasy Ruins kit on the Unreal Marketplace to make this scene.

Replies

• shabba
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shabba polycounter lvl 15
    - good lighting, and scale feels good
    any comments would mostly be about enhancing composition since the assets are marketplace

- the two damage columns have damage facing each other, it creates a window that draws my eye to nothing, i wonder what rotating each of those in opposite directions would do, it would create a C shape in the upper right, drawing you more to the subject statue
    - the statue, would it be too on the nose to turn it and face it more towards the viewer? or invert its facing direction
    - its all very planar, i'd drop the center courtyard, and have 3-4 steps leading down into it, this would provide some variation in height, and break up the single plane. If this is already dropped, i'd consider doing slightly more - this would put the statue a bit lower though which might require a minor camera adjustment, or be comfortable with the statue head being closer to the 1/3's crosssection
    - the hallway ground meshes and gaps between those stones feel massive, and leave me longing for something simpler, more rest, to let the debris actively contribute to the scene more
    - i would expose the courtyard more, increase saturation slightly, and then push contrast slightly
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    looks really cool in terms of modelling/detail, maybe just add more contrast.
    Further to what shabba said,maybe even make the centre part submerged, then you could have maybe some algae type colour
    and that would break up that monochrome look. jsut an idea really
  • iam717
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth
    nice environment... not supporting the label but it looks cool, look forward to seeing the update, good mood.