Home Marmoset

Ray Tracing makes model disappear

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
ashriza polycounter lvl 9
Hello! I'm wondering if anyone can help me with this as I'm at the point of pulling my hair out. 

I'm trying to render my model and when I turn raytracing on it completely disappears from the render, all except the shadow. I also am trying to render on a transparent background and its not doing that either. Not sure what is going on but I've tried loads of different settings/projects/models and this is always the issue. Is it due to me having a trial version of the software? Although I haven't seen anything about that either. Any input would be helpful! 

Pics show what is in viewport vs. what is being rendered out. 

Replies

• iam717
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth
    For some of my things recently, i found a particular light will blacken the screen for me on my 3080ti, so perhaps start turning lights off and see which one is causing the issue, it was my issue so perhaps if it doesn't help you, it might help someone down the road, hope you figure it out. (i tried)  Also looks like the floor/shadow (name escapes me atm) thing, try removing that as a secondary thought.
  • ashriza
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ashriza polycounter lvl 9
    Thanks so much! I'll give it a go. Marmoset support seem to think it's my computer so we will see. 
  • iam717
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth
    This comment might also help it your "child" your shadow or mesh together, i usually keep them separated but this seems to be an issue for someone else so i thought I'd toss it in, if it wasn't mentioned to you apart from the thread, all the best with it, but yea, usually the gpu, perhaps assign marmoset to the dedicated gpu in the o.s. you use i think that helps since now-a-days cpu's come with integrated ones and they can "fight" for processes if you do not assign them specifically (click for link).
    &
    wondering why i have to clicjk post 2x's... strange.