Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Finished] Mech Fan Art by Shinku Kim

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
np1094 polycounter lvl 6
Another personal work i do in my off time for trying out 3D modeling streams, the concept is from Shinku Kim, title mech

Replies

• np1094
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    np1094 polycounter lvl 6
    Finish clean up, time for detail 

• np1094
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    np1094 polycounter lvl 6
    alright i think im gonna cal this done for modeling, move on to unwrap and texture, might go back for some detailing 

• np1094
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    np1094 polycounter lvl 6
  • np1094
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    np1094 polycounter lvl 6
    More progress on the mech, bring it to painter with UDIM, make a rig for it with some function

• np1094
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    np1094 polycounter lvl 6
  • np1094
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    np1094 polycounter lvl 6
    Much progress was made after 3 weeks, adding the weapons, a gun and a spear/sword, render in toolbag, add a base for a diorama, with some little props, and thruster fx on the back 
  • np1094
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    np1094 polycounter lvl 6
    Few things I have changed
    Scale down the weapons, i find the gun a bit too wide and the spear too thick on the handle, this look more appropriate.
    Refined the texture: more metal shine, having two different tones color, match the color of the concept and better seperation between parts, grunges and scratchs.
    Better lighting, the first one is a post process from photoshop, and multiple angles.

• iam717
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iam717 greentooth
    If you could make a gradient out of the two tones more dark towards the would be boots i think might make this transition effect in the concept read better, i think it was just to "fake" shadows, but idk, its a cool concept probably should keep the 1 fan idea the concept has.
    I think it was deliberate to the design and reads a bit better in that area.  
    Though, "free-dom" of liberties, i suppose can be taken by the transition-er to 3d, so do what you think is best, glad someone recreated it in 3D.

I would take a break if you are "burnt-out" on this and come back and rethink some of the materials, if you are not burnt out I'd use this to test looks that might work better.  (i mention this as i did this myself recently and what i thought looks good didn't look to good and when i did it the 3rd time i got a better combination of materials that was leaps ahead of what i was going to call final, up to you.) For the body, the effects and "glows" i think can use a bit more love, oj compliments blue idk(i.do not.know) if you wanted to go with the general color theory though, just a touch more oj to that yellow.

Cool either way, congrats.

• np1094
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    np1094 polycounter lvl 6
    iam717 said:
    If you could make a gradient out of the two tones more dark towards the would be boots i think might make this transition effect in the concept read better, i think it was just to "fake" shadows, but idk, its a cool concept probably should keep the 1 fan idea the concept has.
    I think it was deliberate to the design and reads a bit better in that area.  
    Though, "free-dom" of liberties, i suppose can be taken by the transition-er to 3d, so do what you think is best, glad someone recreated it in 3D.

I would take a break if you are "burnt-out" on this and come back and rethink some of the materials, if you are not burnt out I'd use this to test looks that might work better.  (i mention this as i did this myself recently and what i thought looks good didn't look to good and when i did it the 3rd time i got a better combination of materials that was leaps ahead of what i was going to call final, up to you.) For the body, the effects and "glows" i think can use a bit more love, oj compliments blue idk(i.do not.know) if you wanted to go with the general color theory though, just a touch more oj to that yellow.

Cool either way, congrats.

Hey thanks for your feedback again. I want a more practical look to the fin on the shoulder that why I add more fin to work like a filter that can spun up or down. It also help to hide the inside compare to just one piece. I will have another look at the texture.
  • np1094
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    np1094 polycounter lvl 6
    Finished the mech. Follow on artstation for more images, breakdown, turntable. You can leave a like, comment, and all that good stuff. I love to hear what you think. Thank you for watching. https://www.artstation.com/artwork/xDEYZX